Below are required documents in order to receive services at Backcountry Dog Salon, LLC. In order to make the check-in process as smooth as possible please complete the below documents and submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring the completed documents with you to your appointment along with the required vaccine records.
- Vaccine Requirements
- All dogs are to be current on all vaccinations listed below. This is to ensure the safety of your pet and the others that visit the facility. Physical documentation of vaccinations must be provided to obtain any service.You may send vaccine documentation to email@example.com prior to your visit to speed up the check-in process. Please note that a rabies tag does NOT qualify as proof of vaccine, documentation from your vet, is required as proof of vaccination. If you have any questions about our vaccine policy or any of our polices please contact us at 231-944-3155.
- Boardatella Vaccine
- DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus)
- Rabies - Please bring a current record of your pets unexpired rabies vaccination, unfortunately we are not able to accept rabies tags alone as proof of current vaccination.
- Canine Influinza - Due to the fact we lease our space from a dog boarding and day facility we are required to require this vaccine. Besides being able to have your fur baby groomed by us having this vaccince will make them eligible to use the boarding and daycare facilities and all the benefits that comes with.
- Senior Pets
- Any senior pet that receives services will be done to the best of our ability, based on what the dog can handle. Senior pets are more sensitive to stress and may not tolerate the grooming process as well as younger dogs. You may also notice they are more tired after grooming. While we will accommodate your dog as best we can, they will need to periodically stand, which may aggravate arthritis or sore joints. Senior pets will be groomed for comfort and cleanliness first, and style second. Our staff reserves the right to turn away any senior pet, due to the dogs condition at check-in.
- Pre-Existing Conditions
- Any pet that receives services that has a pre-existing condition will be groomed with the condition in mind. For example, a dog with a leg injury will not be made to stand for an extended amount of time, or a dog that has seizures may not be dried completely to keep their stress level down. We understand each dog is an individual and we will learn their unique needs and base their service on those. Our staff reserves the right to turn away any pet for the health and safety of your dog upon evaluation at check-in.
- Breed Restrictions
- Due to insurance restrictions we are unfortunately able to service the following breeds at this time Doberman Pinscher, Dalmatian, Rottweiler, Akita, Chow Chow, Pit Bull and Pit Bull mixes. We apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause, and will immediately notify you if these regulations change and allow us to begin taking new dog breeds.
- Matted Pets
- Any pet that comes to Backcountry Dog Salon with a matted coat will first be groomed for comfort and cleanliness. Matting can be painful and uncomfortable for your pet and potentially hide a pre-existing condition, previously unknown due to the matting. In extreme cases, the mats may pull on the skin tight enough to cause bruising, nicks, or abrasions upon removal. The safest way to remove a matted coat is to cut the hair short enough to cut underneath the matted layer and give the dog a fresh start. If we try to brush out a heavily matted area, it can pull on the skin and cause irritation and be more painful for your dog. Once the matted hair is removed, you may notice a brief increase in scratching or licking. Our goal is to help you keep your pet happy and healthy, which is why when it comes to matting, our philosophy is “Humanity before vanity”. A $20 de-matting fee will be charged to any pet needing this service.
- Aggressive Dogs
- We understand that not every dog will love us or what we do, and some dogs aren’t nice about how they let us know. For the safety of our staff and your pet, we may use safety tools such as a Groomer’s Helper, muzzles, and Elizabethan collars. In the event that your dog is showing excessive aggression, you will be contacted to come immediately retrieve your dog. Our staff reserves the right to turn away any dog that is showing signs of aggression.
- Late Pick-ups
- Out of courtesy to other pet parents that have scheduled appointments and courtesy to the groomer's time we enforce a strict pick-up and drop-off policy. After your dog is done being groomed, they may be put into the daycare area to play while they wait for you. If you do not come within an hour of completion, you may be charged an additional fee for a day of daycare. If your appointment is the last of the day and you do not come within 20 minutes of closing, you will be charged for a night of boarding and able to pick up your dog the next day. We do acknowledge life happens and in such cases we as for a courtesy call at 231-944-5133 to notify us of these changes. We will make every effort to work with any reasonable requests on a case by case basis. Anyone abusing this goodwill will not be allow to continue as a client and may be required to pay one of or combination of the fines mentioned in this policies.
- Late Arrivals
- In addition if you are late dropping off you dog without proper notice you maybe charged a $20 late fee. If the groomer deems that do to your tardiness that there is not ample time to safely groom your dog you will be asked to reschedule you dog for another appointment time. If this tardiness happens again you will be charged a $20 fee for the groomer and salons time and you may no longer pending managements review.
- No Call/No Shows & Late Cancellations
- There is never an excuse to not call and notify us if you are unable to make your appointment. If you do not call and notify us that you will not be able to make your appointment we reserve the right to charge you the full price of the missed service. Also if you cancel 20 minutes or less before your scheduled appointment we reserve the right to charge a $20 late fee if we deem it appropriate. We acknowledge that sometimes extreme circumstances do occur and are willing to work with our clients to accommodate these life events but anyone abusing this goodwill will not be allow to continue as a client and may be required to pay one of or combination of the fines mentioned in this policies.
- In Case of Emergency
- The health and safety of our clients is our top priority. In the case of a medical emergency, we will immediately notify you of the situation and if necessary, take your dog to the emergency clinic for medical attention. We will act in your dog’s best interest until you are able to get to the clinic.
- Photography Policy
- We do take photos and video of pets under our care for promotional & security purposes. By having your pet groomed you acknowledge and agree to allow us to use this martial for any legal business use.
Backcountry Dog Salon, LLC Reserves the right to change the above polices without notice and at anytime.